Monday, April 9, 2012

Hold Yourself to It

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous here in Portland Oregon.
It literally felt like a day of Summer. The wind was blowing slightly but the sun kept the air warm enough that it did not make us cold. The air was nice and crisp. I cannot wait until I can plan a week in advance to go to the beach and know that the weather will probably be nice, not grey, not wet, not cold. 

I enjoyed being out in the weather so much yesterday that I told myself I'm going to wake up at 8am tomorrow morning; if it is nice outside I will get up, stretch my joints awake and hike up to the Nansen Summit.

This morning I woke up. I looked outside. I could see the sun rising up and peaking into my neighbors windows across the street, the sky was already a clear blue. 

So I proceeded to do what I told myself I would do if I saw such a sight.
What would I have done if it was rainy, grey, or cold looking outside? Well, then, I would have just gone right back to sleep. 

It felt absolutely amazing hiking up there this morning. I got to the top and I did lunges around the giant circle then walked back down. Not a lot, enough to get some of that PNW air flowing through my lungs and break a bit of a sweat down my back. 

I've always enjoyed the great outdoors but I think this might be the year I fall a bit head over heels for it.

Now for breakfast then off to work. 
Beautiful start to hopefully an amazing day.
I hope you enjoy your day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment