Saturday, April 7, 2012

Oh, Sunshiney Day


Alrighty,

It is April. That means its time for another resolution and maybe some catch up time with you readers. 

Life is good. Spring is here this year and it is very exciting! Summer is just around the corner...
I have started interning at a gym that I am very excited about.
This weekend I am going to practice my sales speech on my friends and try to blow my boss away on Monday. Firstly, it is intimidating having to pretend-sell training packages to your boss, but on the other hand I just don't know a lot about the selling aspect. There is a whole psychology behind the right types of words to use. I am happy that I must sell something I truly do believe people will benefit from though. Makes things much easier.

Last month one of my resolutions was to be signed up to take the NASM test by the end of March. That didn't happen, but it is because I am waiting for my diploma to come in the mail, then I can call someone and they can help me get set-up with the sweet discount through my school. So I didn't accomplish that resolution, but I'm not necessarily at fault.

So for April I have three things I am going to aim for, two that are just reiterations.

1. Sign up for the NASM test & start studying
2. Meditate more regularly throughout this month.
Even if it is as simple as slowly down enough to concentrate on my breathing. (I'm hoping to incorporate more yoga as well, this will go hand in hand)

3. Get back into a good diet.
Lately I have been snacking a ton! Muffins, cookies, chocolate, pizza. Just bits and pieces here and there but I need to put a hold on that stuff again. It comes in waives, I know, but I want to get back to eating so regularly that I keep myself from getting snack-hungry. Along with eating more regularly/healthy I want to try doing gluten free again. For the last few months I have been buying my own GF stuff for my kitchen but when I go out to eat I am not picky at all and often times eat bread. Since I do have 1 loaf of bread in my house right now and probably a couple other non-GF things I am going to give myself until April 12th to get the kitchen put back together --this means time to eat those things so they are not in the kitchen anymore and they are not going to waste by just being thrown away.


On a very separate note I need to tell all you cat lovers out there about this litter I found!! It is seriously amazing.
If you didn't know, cat's noses are insanely more sensitive than people's noses are. If you can smell the cat box, think about how your cats feel...I read an article once about closed cat boxes. It said to stick your head inside the cat box and see how it was. My first thought was no way, that's nasty and extremely stinky! The article suggested taking off the lid to the litter box. It gives your cats more room in general to go about their business and it doesn't lock the smell in so much. This can be a pro for your cats but sounds like a con for you, yeah? Well I found that taking the lid off of my closed litter box actually makes me clean the litter box more, so that definitely makes it stink less. I also just got to thinking more about how often I use the bathroom myself and what if I had a box I had to go in and my nasty bits didn't just get flushed away to never see again. What if I had to step over my own shit just to shit again? Sounds nasty...that's how your cat feels! We all know cats are very clean animals. So I made a rule for myself that seems to be working out for the most part. Every time I go to the bathroom I also scoop the litter box. In my house the litter box is right next to the toilet so this is pretty easy. 
MOVING ON though, I need to tell you about this litter and why it is so amazing!! All typical commercial litters I have ever used do not smell good. They don't smell bad...but when I pour that litter into the cat box and all the loose dusty bits fly everywhere I am holding my breath if not coughing. When I scoop the litter box using the typical Tidy Step, Arm & Hammer, or whatever it may be, I think it smells like flavored ammonia/baking soda/shit. I'm still holding my breath, there's not way I want to inhale any piece of that stuff and I feel bad for my cats because if I don't like the smell of it I know there is no way their tiny noses are liking it either. SOOO I found this litter by magic at Costco. It comes in a 35# jug there. The logo brags about a natural lemongrass essence the litter gives off and I would agree, when I scoop that box it does not smell bad. I don't want to say it smells good, but the smell is absolutely tolerable and not displeasing to the nose. Be warned though...I guess some cats have been known to eat their Litter Purrrfect and get very sick from it, so just keep our eye out. So far it is working out great for me and we have two cats in our house hold. 



Enjoy the sun everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment