Monday, March 19, 2012

24 weeks already?!?

Time has flown by!
I cannot believe how fast the past 6 months have come [and gone].


Not only did I grow up with my grandparents, but I have actually worked with quite a few older folk so far in my life. There are a couple common words of advice I hear regularly from the 'elderly' generation and I want to share them with you. 
These words have stuck with me and I am really starting to take them to heart. 


First off they always tell me that they wish they would've taken better care of their bodies when they were younger. This really speaks to me. If you think about it, the way the body naturally deteriorates as you age, it makes a lot of sense to gear yourself up with a solid base so to speak. Though I do want it to be very clear that, metaphorically speaking, you can teach an old dog new tricks! If you are older and living a weak or sedentary lifestyle don't be discouraged, it's easier than you think to turn yourself around.

The second thing I am most commonly told is that the older you get the faster time seems to fly and enjoy every minute of it while you can. Take your time. With this advice I believe it is most important to live your life day by day and to the fullest each day. I think it is important to stop and ask yourself that seemingly brutal question, what if I died tomorrow? Seriously, how would you feel about your life so far? Are there things you would change? Why not start making those changes now? What do you think you have to wait for?

I now have 3 days until I am done with school at the National Personal Training Institute of Portland. One written final down (feel very good about it!) & one practical final to go. I also updated my Progress tab and wrote a little summary about my goal over the course of this program.
I'll write soon about April goals, etc.
I also think I am starting an internship at a gym...I'll keep you posted on that as well.

Take care for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment