Thursday, March 22, 2012

Down to Zero


I absolutely love this photo because in my book of life, it could not be more true.
Yes, you can choose to be happy! & it is good for your health! 
How can feeling good and all other things that come with being happy, not be good for your health?

Today is my last day of school.  I just found out I got a 95% combined total on both of my finals. I am so ecstatic! Is it cheesy to say I'm proud of myself? I am a queen of procrastination and in the past I have known myself to even skimp on school work that I find extremely important to me. 

It started when I was studying American Sign Language. We were assigned books to read and even though I don't like reading much I thought to myself, these are going to be so awesome to read! Yet, I found myself skimming through or spark noting them. I did not read those books.

Eventually came culinary school, where I really hardly procrastinated at all...in the beginning. Then over half way through the program I realized I didn't need to be studying as hard as I was and I cut myself a bit of slack...

Starting in culinary school to fully realizing it here at NPTI, I have come to the conclusion that I love learning! It is something that shocks me because I have never been one to be very excited about school. Yet now that I have found a couple things that I am extremely passionate about I can't help myself, I want to keep learning and educating myself. I want to know all there is to know in my profession so I can better help others. I don't think I have ever been so excited to go out and start a new job! I am so excited to start training! It really is one of my dream jobs (a job including traveling and/or photography is ideal). I am helping people better their lives, I get to work with them directly and actually get to know them, while working out and sharing my knowledge! How does it get better than that?!

I just can't explain how happy I am. I know this may not be ideal for everyone, but that's okay. Find your niche. It's not impossible & if you would like, I'm happy to help get you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment