Monday, March 5, 2012

Progression is Exciting

I went skating this last Friday and all the balancing techniques I have been working on in my training is 100% helping me on my skates! It is so excited and completely blows me away. I hope that one day I can help clients feel this good about something they want to accomplish!

When I first started skating, about a month ago now, I was very nervous on just a single leg, let alone on my left (I am a right handed person, meaning most everything else seems to be right-side dominant)! Skating on Friday I was blown away when I could easily and comfortably skate on a single leg. I am not longer feeling wobbly or like I am going to fall at all. I think in the last month I have only fallen twice and I fell forward both times!--this is awesome because in roller derby you do not want to fall on your butt.

I have been stretching way more often and now I am certainly going to keep up with my balance and one-legged/one-armed work-out routines. I am also adding endurance and agility into my regular workouts. I really need to push myself through the endurance training though, because it is not something I am used to at all and therefore is incredibly difficult for me.

Below is m work-out from today. Hope you have a great Monday!

10 wall ball squat and throws with a 20# ball
15 each leg single leg lunges, with back leg on a slide board (slick surface)
10 assisted pull-ups
15 assisted push-ups
10 each side wall ball side throws

No comments:

Post a Comment