Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Digesting it all.


Yesterday was the last day at The Stafford. It was really odd leaving, I felt like I was forgetting something, but alas I cleaned my locker empty, I had all my hats, my water bottle, my cell phone. I said my goodbyes and I am truly moving on to a new chapter in my life now. I feel like it will all officially start to sink in come Monday of next week. School is building up really fast with lots of information. Every week now on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we have a quiz. Each of those days we also learn new material that we will be quizzed on the following week. Mondays are chapters from our “Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning” book, Tuesdays are nutrition and Wednesdays are anatomy. Thankfully I’m getting nutrition pretty easily, which is also exciting because nutrition is something I’ve been interested in continuing education in if it came to me easily. Anatomy isn’t too hard for me either. It’s the Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning stuff that I’m having the most trouble with. As I previously stated, this week we are learning about bioenergetics. It is quite above my head at this point, but I’m slowly digesting it. I will be reading/studying it the rest of the week, making flash cards and that really helped me with last weeks material. Science and math are my two worst subjects, plus I’m a bit dyslexic so that does not help. I understand that there is meaning behind everything my teacher is explaining to us and I desperately try to hold on to the meaning of those things as my teacher explains them,(he is a great teacher and breaks things down very well!) but as much as I want to learn it’s just so hard for me to keep my attention held. I find myself thinking about the most random things sometimes in class and when I catch myself I snap back and try to catch back up to where we are in the lecture, but usually find myself lost. I’m getting there though. I have confidence in myself. It’s going to take baby steps and I have 5 more months to learn it all. I’m just so happy/thankful I have finally found a schedule that allows me to have time to study and take in all this information and have time to digest it all. It is still extremely exciting and I hope it continues to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment