Thursday, October 27, 2011

Super Chunk

 **Okay, so I made this soup and it sat in my fridge for a few days and all the flavors mixed together in a way that wasn't tasty. It's like they never stopped soaking into each other and soon the lemon was overpowering and the herbs just didn't taste good together...I'm not 100% positive how to prevent this next time, but it's all trial and error. I'm not used to making soups in crock-pots yet.**

All the colors are getting beautiful outside and I am constantly thinking I want to get my camera out and start taking pictures of all the gorgeousness around me (I say this every year, still have yet to do it). Fall is a good time for soups and with the idea from my roomies I have decided to start making soup every week for myself. It will last me the entire week and I will have it for any meal time, ready to go.

I started last night. I just threw a bunch of vegetables into the slow cooker for a few hours. It's super chunky (I'm going to call it my Super Chunk Veg Soup) and I didn't put in as many udon noodles I might next time. The celery is also very squeaky on the teeth so I would either cut that smaller or cook it longer next time too. I originally thought it came out pretty bland, but the more I sip it the better I think it tastes. Some might argue that it needs salt but I know there was a lot of sodium in the veg broth and I didn't want to add anymore.

Vegetables I used in this recipe (literally rough cut and thrown in):
-Celery
-Red and Yellow bell peppers
-Green onions
-Mushrooms
-Zucchini
-1/2 Lemon, squeezed (let soak in for awhile, take out later)

Herbs & Spices:
-Fresh Sage
-Dried Organic Oregon
-Dried Organic Basil
-Black Pepper
-Dash of Organic Curry Powder
-Fresh Garlic

Additional:
-Udon Noodles
-Organic Vegetable Stock
-Boiling Water

No comments:

Post a Comment