Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Chapter


Week 3, Tuesday

I’m into my third week of school now and it’s getting to the point where I realize I need to study a lot more and start reading the chapters that we are covering in class. Thankfully I just found out this morning that I got the nanny job I really wanted and with starting that I will have much more time for studying and working out!

I put in my two-week notice at my current place of work yesterday. I didn’t know that I had the nanny job at that point but I was hoping for the best. I figured if I did not get the nanny position I would find something else and eventually it would all pan out. I just came to a realization at The Stafford that I was constantly annoyed, stressed and/or angry and that is not how I should feel at a place that I work 40 hours per week. I love the people there, half of them are my good friends anyway that I happened to be able to get jobs. But I can’t handle food constantly being looked over, to the point of rancidness. There are also a lot of weird things going on that I’m still very unsure of, but I can see them happening. The way my managers act towards the big boss and little whispers that I hear passed around. For example the Front of House manager (bless her heart, I love her, she’s from Costa Rica) ran into the walk-in after me yesterday and she shook me saying, “I can’t believe you’re leaving me! I envy you!” followed by how happy she is for me, etc. I will miss the place a lot. The residents are great and I know many of them are quite fond of me so it will somewhat sad leaving.
But I am oh so excited for this new chapter in my life! I have never been a nanny before, but I think I am going to get the swing of things right away! I’m one hundred percent confident about it. It is also taking a step towards working with people in their homes, which is something I am interested in. I have said that  I want to be a personal cook/personal trainer (2 in1) duo, but I also just want to let my paths steer me and see what opportunities arise as I walk upon them.
Time for practical part of class! Work-out time!

No comments:

Post a Comment