Sunday, October 30, 2011

Loving to Learn

Going into Week 5 of School
Weight Loss Goal: 142.8 #s
October 3rd
- March 23rd 2012
     This past week we learned about Bioenergetics in Physiology, Fats in Nutrition, and the Pectoralis major and minor and the Serratus Anterior in Anatomy. School is going well. Just tonight I think I realized the true meaning of loving to learn. It’s a great feeling.
     To truly get on a roll with my weight loss goals this week I tried very hard to keep track of everything I ate. I was doing very well until Saturday. I lost my little notebook I was writing everything down in, so I’m going to get a new one. Also being Halloween weekend it made things a bit more tempting but I think I did really well. It’s nice not liking candy. Call me crazy, but I don’t.
I looked up some things like my recommended daily caloric intake for my weight loss goal and how many grams of protein per day I should have, etc. etc. I’m really excited to get back into tracking everything. I think it’s fun tracking it and seeing the progress.
     I weigh myself every Monday and am curious what tomorrow’s numbers will read. My teacher is constantly saying that weight is pretty much ridiculous. It is just a number and you’re the only person that really cares how much you weigh. Society and media are the only things that make you think otherwise. But in having my own weight loss goals, it’s what I like to do. So far I have lost something like .4 of a pound per week since school started. When I lost a bit of weight this summer I was losing 1 ½ - 2 pounds per week. With my current weight loss goal I only have to lose 1 pound per week. I’m hoping to exceed my goal, but I set my standards as low as I could while still pushing myself.
I thought of a tattoo I think I want to get and I’m also holding myself to my goal and using that as a reward. I think it’s great. I looked up a bunch of pictures and have been thinking about the tattoo a lot. If I still really like the idea and want to get it after thinking about it for five months I figure I’ll go through with it. I want a Great Blue Heron on my right shoulder in a landing position. His beak would run down my arm a little and his feet probably wrap under my armpit. The wings would be back (as if landing) spreading over my own shoulder. The shading would be pretty blue-purple-grays and I think I will have the beak open a bit so if I ever decide I want to add to it I can maybe have something in the beak. Great Blue Herons have always reminded me of home in Skagit Valley and I have wanted to get a tattoo of one for awhile. I just couldn’t think of what I wanted.
     Anyway I’m very hungry. I’ve been thinking about a PBJ and now I think I might indulge. Hope you all had a great weekend + Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment