Thursday, October 20, 2011

Second day of the nanny job, Last day of the 3rd week of school


I had Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off of work at The Stafford this week and on the schedule it’s the same next week. Potentially, my last day there could be next Tuesday, which I would not complain about. I did try for 4 days, 32 hours, PTO that I had built up. I left the slip on my boss’s desk. I’m hoping I get it but if not I will at least get 20 hours on my last paycheck. I’ve never had a job where I got PTO before, so it’s really exciting, feels like extra money, but I also don’t know entirely how it works. I’m figuring it out now though. 
This afternoon after school I have my beginning aerial arts (silk ropes and trapeze) class, after class I am leaving for Lynnwood, WA (~20 mins north of Seattle) to visit my family!!! I am so excited; I haven’t seen them for a while! It’s my mom, one of her sisters, her kid and grandkids…so my mom, aunts, and cousins! The fun and favorites when it comes to my mom’s side of the fam. I’m making them dinner on Friday and afterward we’re going to a haunted house put on by one of the major radio stations in the area (Kiss 106.1). I haven’t actually cooked a meal for my family yet so I’m looking forward to it. I decided that I wanted to do a sausage and sage ravioli in a roasted red pepper sauce, all made from scratch –including the ravioli. With my incredibly busy schedule right now I am somewhat regretting the ravioli decision, but I am still hoping it will work out. Last week I went to a friend’s house warming party and started making ravioli dough there, but I didn’t end up wanting to finish it, the dough wasn’t right, and I was having trouble with the pasta roller. Yesterday I decided to throw out that old dough (that had gotten pretty nasty by this point) and make some new stuff. This dough turned out better but I’m still having trouble with the stupid pasta roller. I called my mom, who loves cooking too, and she is going to come to my aunt’s early on Friday and help me get the ravioli made. It will be fun. I don’t remember the last time I cooked with her. It’s funny because my aunt does not like vegetables, pretty much at all, so I’m making her her own separate simple marinara sauce to go over her ravioli. I think I want to serve dinner with a nice salad and garlic bread also. I will buy the bread and garlic it myself, but I’m not making the bread from scratch. I have a fear that my family isn’t going to like the dinner that much, because they’re so damn picky and super honest, but if that becomes the case I will be happy to not cook dinner for them again J
The second day at the nanny job went well. The son spent the night with his mom so he was not there, but the dad left me with a couple cleaning projects and it was fine. I met the 3rd of 4 cats that the family has (still waiting to see the 4th one). I love cats so it’s awesome for me! Two of the cats just followed me around while I cleaned and I talked to them and petted them while I did my duties. I will be returning to the house Monday morning before school and staying the night Monday and Tuesday with the kids while the dad goes on a business trip. The family seems so friendly, relaxed, fun and even though I haven’t known them long at all, open-minded too. It’s going to work out great; I’ve just got a feeling about it. But if it ends up not, it’s okay, because that just means it wasn’t meant to be and something better will come along.

It’s lunch break now at school. I’ve got lots of studying to do this weekend. Monday = quiz on chapter 1, Tuesday = quiz on chapter 2 nutrition, Wednesday anatomy quiz on the lat muscles. Wish me luck, have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment