Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 4 of School


The family visit was quite successful and fun! The ravioli did not turn out but with a great idea from my mom I got bought jumbo pasta shells and stuffed them, poured my sauce over them and baked the in the oven with cheese, everyone liked it! The haunted house was awesome!! I hadn’t been to one since I’ve been ‘grown up’ so it was cool not being the scared little kid. I laughed the entire time. It’s fun because being older you realize the characters in there are people just like me, and they also can’t touch me, so it’s pretty much just all looks. The strobe lights were pretty intense though and at times I literally could not see.  Would do it again in a heartbeat though! It would especially be fun to work one of them. In the waiting line there was a small girl dressed in a pretty long, flowing gown, but her face was painted up so she looked like she had a gaping gash in her cheek. She’d just go up and standing behind people in line until they noticed her. Really freaked a lot of the kids out. Would’ve been fun just to play that role. It rained the whole time we were in Seattle. Makes me miss it so much! Something about that rain, it is only comfort.
I feel like I’ve got the busiest week coming up ahead of me. I really want to start exercising more outside of school but I just haven’t been able to find the time. This week I’m going to focus on sticking to eating healthy and regularly and next week start incorporating more exercise, as I will have more time starting next week.

The dad at the residence I nanny for is on a business trip the next two nights so I am staying over with the children. I also have quizzes in school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I actually just took the first quiz and feel pretty confident about it. I blanked out on one part of an answer on one question but I think I made up for it…hopefully.
I believe tomorrow is my last day at The Stafford. I took PTO off for Wednesday and Thursday, but I wasn’t scheduled to work those days anyway. I know my boss really wants me to work this coming weekend but I’m not going to give in because I have already made plans for the entire weekend. It is Halloween after all. I’m making a trip south to Eugene, OR to visit a few friends of mine that go to school down there that I don’t get to see very often. I haven’t visited the school or anything yet so I’m super excited!!!

In between school and work this week I have a few errands I need to run. If I can find the time I need to run a diagnostic on my car, at least that’s what the guy at Oil Can Henry’s told me. I need to get my kitty in for a check-up at the vet because she hasn’t had one in two years. I have some clothes and a TV I need to drop off at a friend’s house, I need to go to the bank, etc. etc. Thankfully I’ve learned how to keep things in my life pretty tidy and organized and it makes things a lot less stressful for me. I like coming home to a clean bedroom and a clean house! There is nothing I love more than coming home from a weekend away to having a clean home to lounge around in! You don’t always get that when you have roommates, but it’s working out great for me so far J

Going to learn about Bioenergetics of Exercise and Training now in class. Don’t know a thing about that yet, but I guess I’m about to find out. I’m still so happy that I love this school so much more than I thought I would. It sounds so cheesy to say but it makes me feel ‘smart’. In the sense that I am doing and learning things that I would have never thought I would be remotely interested in. Funny how things change…

No comments:

Post a Comment