Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dreams

             Today I decided to sleep in and come to school an hour late, I knew I could spare the time and I was just so tired this morning. Lately I've been having very vivid and bizarre dreams. They seem to be either extremely realistic in the situations during the dream or else my feelings from during the dream carry over to when I wake and leave me feeling weird. As a child I always had insanely vivid dreams. I would always remember my entire dream and wake-up to tell my grandparents in the morning. They thought I was making up stories because I was so detailed in describing them. Yet even now I still remember some of the dreams that I had as a child, I can still see in my mind the images/situations that have now become difficult to describe out loud. I used to keep a dream journal, but I stopped a long time ago. Being with all the dreams I've been having lately I am considering starting one again. I'm debating about making some more posts about them on this blog but I don't want to stray too much from my main focus for this goal. But it is a pretty broad spectrum, we'll see. Do you find dreams interesting and would you want to read about them here?

             I'll share a little about one dream I've had in the past that reconnected to a dream I had last night. Awhile ago I originally had a dream where the setting was in this giant house. I was with a group of people and we were splitting up, kind of exploring the house. The feel of the dream was heavy, scary even. As if we were running away and hiding from something in the house. Come now, I do not remember if the house was haunted or if there were actually people in the house or how the situation went down, but I know the feeling was 'heavy'. As the dream went on I was with one other girl and we found in the back corner of an upstairs bedroom (this house was huge, 3 stories!) walk-in closet that there was another door. Through this door it lead to a series of doors and corridors and I believe even a stair case, that was hidden and lead to other parts of the house.

              I've had dreams about this house off and on in different dreams/situations and even a repeat dream a couple times, but if it was a repeat dream I knew I had been there before in my dream, in my dream I knew I had already dreamed this, I knew about the secret section of the house, but not always could I find it, but I still knew it was there. I don't remember the last time I had a dream about this house, I feel like it was months ago (would know if I still kept a dream journal). Anyway, last night I had a dream that I can barely remember now but I remember being with this little girl in a bathroom of a very run down and cold house. The bottom of the door of the bathroom came up about a half inch off the floor and we could see men's boots come up and stand outside the door, two people. I remember feeling very scared and thinking about the back of the pantry way of 'our house'. I can see the pantry in my mind still. A narrow hallway looking place lined with shelves just filled with food, lots of canned items, with puffy jackets hanging by the opening. At the back of the pantry there was a door hiding behind more coats hanging and a broom and mop. I remember thinking of this door and knowing that it lead to the giant house, and in remembering that I felt some comfort. I knew I needed to get to that house to be safe and warm.

             A couple interesting facts I've learned about dreams:
       (You can easily find cool facts on Google)

>We only dream of faces that we already know.
We see real faces of real people that we have seen during our life but may not know or remember.

>The most common emotion experienced in dreams is anxiety.
Negative emotions are more common than positive ones.

 >The things people say to you in your dreams are not in fact what they might truly say to you, but are what you think they would say to you. What you think they feel about you, etc. So next time you're ready to get mad because your boyfriend said something mean to you in your dream, think twice...

1 comment:

  1. The strangest dream I ever had was when I was a young boy. I dreamt I was in a small room with a pile of treasure in the middle, like a small hill. There were jewels and all sorts of valuables and I was thinking that I was rich, when suddenly I saw a beautiful golden haired girl in a long robe with huge sleeves standing on top of the pile glowering at me. I tried to say something,
    but she just lifted an arm and pointed her finger at me and a beam shot out of it. I knew this beam would kill me. Suddenly I felt myself moving at an incredible speed back to my body and I woke up speechless. I could not talk until the next morning.

    ReplyDelete