Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Work-out of the Day & Results

        Today I made up a work-out for myself and it went so incredibly well and felt so good that I thought I would share. It focuses mainly on core with a little bit of legs included. I feel like the targeted muscle groups complimented each other well with each exercise. The only thing I might change next time is paying more attention to which PLANE my body is moving in, because I realize that all of these are sagital.

        For my warm-up I did a few minutes of jump-roping, butt kickers followed by high knees, and over-unders (one leg at a time pretend to step over a rope/fence/hurdle, then continue to pretend to duck under it)

The Workout:
-1 legged squat (with assistance of resistance band if needed) 10 each leg

-Stability ball knee tucks 15 each

-Kettle bell sumo squat (hit floor with bell each time & pull kettle bell up to chest with high elbows) 10 each

-Stability ball crunches 15 each

-Back extensions 10 each

-Bicycle crunches 20 each


I went through each exercise then gave myself a 30 second rest, before continuing on to another round.
I completed 5 rounds, I recommend completing at least 3.

Tips:
>The first round get a feel for each exercise, than push yourself a little harder each round.
>Music always helps to boost an exercise.
>Remember quality over quantity: It is very important to have good form over how many reps you do!
>If something hurts go lighter/easier. Modify things for yourself as you need to.


         Also, I would like to share some more results from my peer on peer 'personal training' sessions, because I am ecstatic about my results!
         My goals as of November 21st were for weight loss, strengthen my push-ups and pull-ups and target my thighs. I had 22.32% body fat (I like to measure it this way, versus saying 77.68% lean body mass, I do know better if I were speaking to a client)...moving on...my measurements/assessment results were as follow:


Arm 10.75
Chest 38.5
Waist 30
Hip 42.5
Thigh 26.5


Sit & Reach straight back 4.5"
Sit & Reach bent back 7.5"
Pushup (Knees) 14
Pullup (w/ Green Band) 5



As of the week of December 4th (just 3 weeks later) I couldn't believe the results I was already seeing
+ my body fat percentage decreased to 18.65%!
Arm 12.5
Chest 38
Waist 29.5
Hip 42.5
Thigh 25
Sit & Reach straight back 6.7"
Sit & Reach bent back 11.25"
Pushup (Knees) 21
Pullup (w/ Green Band) 10

This definitely motivates me to stay on track and keep up the work! I highly recommend taking your own measurements and doing assessments to keep track of your progress to be able to see your results on paper as well as in the mirror. I am happy to help guide you through any of it, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

I'm going to add another new years resolution: to decrease my body fat % even more! (not sure which percentage I want to get down to yet) Maybe I'll do some research over my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment