Monday, December 19, 2011

Observations & Resolutions

        This weekend was my first time doing the promo model thing. I gave a sampling of Robert Mondavi's wine selection, including a Brut sparkling wine, Cabaret from his private selection, a Chardonnay from his private selection, and his standard Woodbridge Chardonnay. It was lots of fun and insanely boring all at the same time. I love interacting with people, plus educating myself (and others) about the wine was lots of fun, but time also passed along quite slow. I gave this demo at an Albertsons on a Friday night during the holidays Most people seemed to be in some type of a hurry and just about everyone wants to be in the shortest check-out line and they all seem to be willing to check every single line for each of their lengths before committing to one line. It was fun to look in people's carts to see what they were buying. I noticed one older man carried a cook book with him, it had lots of little book marks throughout it. He asked me for a sample of wine and I wanted to ask him what he was making, but another patron came up to sample and the man was kindly on his way. I got to thinking about the job itself, I was literally hired on the way I look to be to able to promote the sales of alcohol. This led to me thinking about how many things in my life and our society are based on our looks. I wonder what opportunities I have received or will receive in the future based on my looks, and I'm curious what opportunities people miss out on because of their looks. I hadn't thought about it before, but being that we live in a society where media rules so much and we are constantly told that we need to be 'good looking' it just makes me think twice about the way we are treated now. It is very interesting to me and I'm glad that I have realized it and can step back and analyze. I love analyzing. I love people watching. It is all so interesting to me...

       
        Today is the first day of week 12 at school. Then we have a one week 'Christmas Vacation' and once we return I only have 12 more weeks of school. Now that I am getting down the regular exercise, etc. I think I might want to play around with my diet a little more. We have been talking a lot about paying attention to the food we eat and how it makes us feel. As far as energy--how long it lasts, how full it makes us feel (for how long), etc. I have been paying attention to those things, but I haven't made any changes where I know I could. For example my breakfasts almost always leave me hungry two hours later. Especially when I drink smoothies in the morning. I know the reasons why though and I think I'm going to make this a new years resolution. To change my eating habits to be more beneficial to my overall day.



        Speaking of new years resolutions what are some of yours? I really am curious to know! Everyone always has their own personal ones. Are they realistic, silly or serious, maybe both? What do you plan on doing to accomplish these resolutions? Please let me know :)



Happy Holidays Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment