Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tizz the Season

         'Tis the season folks! How are you feeling about the holidays? It's Christmas Eve and I am honestly one of the happiest people right now. I have traveled northward to Seattle and am visiting my mother and her side of the family. Last night I went and saw the movie Hugo with two of my favorite aunties and my mother and her boyfriend. I spent the night at my aunts' house where my cousins also visited and stayed over. Tonight I am going to my mom's parent's house for home made pizza and gift exchanges. Then even more northward to my dad's parent's house, the place where I was raised, the people I was raised by. I cannot wait to see my grandma Jo and grandpa Bill! I miss my kitty, Ginger and our dog, Maggie. I can't wait to sit by the fire and eat more cookies...

Speaking of cookies... 
I am not doing too well with my sweets so far this weekend. It is Christmas so I am letting myself off the hook on this one, and I think you should too. There is no reason to feel bad about the food decisions you make, especially if you have been working hard previously! I didn't even know I liked cookies this much until every place and person I visit have tubs full of delicious, different kinds sitting all over their kitchen tables. I try to resist but I have to try them and then when you try them you know how good they are and it can be hard to stop! I want to commit to working out more after this weekend and just let myself relax for the time being. My grandparents live a couple blocks from a 2 miles long dike, that separates Padilla Bay from some of the farm land. My goal is to at least run half of it so I will still get two miles in, but maybe run the whole thing and get 4.

Just to add a tiny bit more cheer I had to post this adorable picture of Dexter the worried cat.
He constantly has a look of worry and concern on his face, but he is a sweetie and quite the soft kitty.

 

Happy Holidays to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment