Monday, January 9, 2012

1 of 12 Weeks Complete


Sunday night, ending my first week of the last twelve of school. Eleven more to go.

It was a pretty good week. I tracked what time I woke, what I ate, when I went to sleep and my workouts everyday. Paying close to attention to how long my stomach stays full from meal to meal and how what I eat makes my body feel. So far I have found that eating a starchy-ish lunch at 11:30am will keep me full through the afternoon (until ~6 or 7pm). I worked out 5 days this week, took 1 day off completely and took another day to spend time stretching, spending two minutes on each stretch; because in school we learned that the minimum amount of time to make a difference on a muscle when stretching it is 2 minutes. Yes this seems like a long time! But I've found if you relax, put on some tunes and also get a timer you can just set the timer, really relax and get into your stretch and just wait to hear the timer buzz.

I think I want to continue with this and make it a regular pattern.
Work out 5 days per week, take 1 day off and take 1 day to stretch.
I have told myself (and successfully held myself to it) last week that I would take a half hour to work out every day after school that we didn't work out hard in class.
I continue to do this until I graduate school.

Going back to my regular diet last week was surprisingly easy and my body took it really well. I thought I would have horrible cravings and that it would be hard to eat small things every few hours, but it wasn't, it came easy. However regardless of not having the cravings I still ate like crap the last two days (Saturday and Sunday). I want to curb the habits of eating horribly on the weekends. It is too easy to do but I know it can also be easy to break.

Also, come February I think I want to try a gluten free diet. It is going to be hard, because I love bread, but I've been talking to a few friends about it and reading a bit about it online and I think it is completely do-able. If it comes easy enough for me in February I want to continue on with the diet for a few months and see how my body feels, then test how my body reacts if I switch back to a gluten based diet. 

This next week I will try to post a little more, at least with my daily exercises, to try and keep a little motivation up for you readers out there. 

remember:
"Just a little bit a day gets you a long way."

No comments:

Post a Comment