Monday, January 2, 2012

Another New Beginning



The start of another new year. Time to resolve something, right? I personally just love setting goals and feel like this a great time to really get a lift off on things. There is a lot of extra motivation going into the last 3 months of school! I have roughly 4 official 2012 new years resolutions.



The first one is to drink less. It's not that I drink a lot, but I do drink. I want to cut it down to a goal of maybe 4-6 times per month. I am going to make a mark on my calendar whenever I do drink so I can total it up and see where I'm at by the end of the month. It is not only for health reasons/benefits, but to save money too!





I also want to decrease my body fat percentage and increase my lean muscle mass, particularly targeting my thighs and core. I am very excited to work on reaching this goal! It's probably the biggest goal of mine and ties in directly with things that we do in and for school. Towards the beginning of December my body fat had decreased to ~19%. I am not completely positive on what a reasonable body fat percentage goal might be so I am just going to have a goal to decrease it as much as possible and see where I am at by the end of three months. How might I make sure to stay on top of this?

Well, that is where my third goal comes in. I am going to pay more attention to my eating habits and change them as necessary to be more beneficial to my over all day. I have previously touched on this a bit, but in school we talk a lot about paying attention to the way the food we eat makes us feel, how long we stay full, the energy it gives us, etc. I bought some instant oatmeal to be able to make in the morning and I think I am going to make smoothies to take with me in the morning and drink once I get to school, since that is the time I usually become hungry again. Additionally I would like to cut my intake on fats, unnecessary sugars and carbs, such as candies, chips, chocolates, etc. I definitely want to watch my intake on carbs coming into the new year!

I got a stability ball for Christmas so I plan on using that tons in my work outs to come in this new year. In general I would like to stretch more and just keep eating healthy, in a strict way, but when I am strict about eating it just comes naturally and I enjoy eating that way, rather than it actually being a strict diet or something. 

Coming into the second half of school I am now known as a returner. We will be spending the first three weeks or so going over how to measure circumferences, body fat percentages, work with clients, etc. etc. Touch on all the basics. I want to keep dibs on myself every three weeks. Re-take measurements and all that. I am no longer expecting to reach my weight goal, with the regular fluctuations in the last weeks I feel like my body may be at a point where I am starting to build lean muscle mass and am no longer losing a lot of fat. As long as I work hard towards my goals I will consider rewarding myself with the tattoo that I want.

I was invited to go to LA with my aunts to visit a cousin that lives down there for a weekend after I graduate. As much as I really want to go, I've decided to pass up the opportunity. I would rather save my money for certification exams to come after I graduate. I may even have to put my tattoo on hold if it ends up costing too much, as I suspect it might. I am going to give myself a price limit, so I don't over-do it. But I have so many travel plans I want to do this summer and they are so more important to me than getting a tattoo. I can get this tattoo at any time in my life. It is to last forever anyway, why not wait?

I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and do well sticking to your goals and resolutions this new year. I am here to help, let me know if you have any questions or I can help you in anyway. Best wishes to you all. Happy new year, 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment