Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Morning Madness

     Today I woke up and I was very hesitant to step foot on that scale. I ate pretty well for the most part, but that second half of the week just through me off. A good friend of mine had a pre-thanksgiving potluck on Friday where I definitely over-ate (so much delicious food!) & Saturday I ended up going out with some friends before and after a concert. During the weekend I thought semi-often about my Christmas goal and stepping on the scale this morning I was prepared to just let it slip away. I stepped up and didn't look down for a few moments, letting it configure itself first. Slowly I glanced down...and to my surprise it read 161.2! I'm pretty stoked! That's a 2.4# loss. If I keep it up I can most definitely reach my goal by Christmas! Today I am going to take a look at a fitness gym called Anytime Fitness. It is just 2 minutes south of where I work so I think it would be convenient. If I go to the gym every day after work for just an hour, getting solid cardio time in, I know I could speed up this process in no time. I'm just worried about the cost. I am not willing to pay over $40/month but I have a feeling it's going to be just that. Fingers crossed though, we will see.

     Last night I made a delicious dinner with a friend using some ingredients from my organic food bin. We made roasted russet potatoes, yams, and turnips with steamed carrots with leeks and toasted pine-nut cous cous. It was very delicious! We also had crispy kale as an appetizer and coconut-milk Mexican hot chocolate. We then watched the American Music Awards which lasted 3 hours, but was pretty entertaining.

    This week in school we're learning Adaptations to Anaerobic Training Programs in physiology, Energy Balance in nutrition and about the biceps in anatomy. It sounds like it will be a solid week. Nice it's only 3 days. Thanksgiving this Thursday will be fun too. I am excited to visit with my family and eat more delicious food.

No comments:

Post a Comment