Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday, Week 7 of School


             If you’ve viewed my progress tab this week you will see that I lost a whopping .6 of a pound last week. Better than nothing I suppose but not by any means close to what I should be down by if I want to lose 12 pounds by Christmas. Back in the summer I used to make myself goals every week of things I wanted to work on and keep them in plain sight to remind myself throughout the week, then build on them every week. I think I am going to start doing that again, because in the summer it really helped me.

 
            This morning I had a little extra time between getting ready and leaving so I did a little workout that I would ideally like to do 4 mornings per week (if not more time during week and/or day). It is quite simple, but doing it every morning will help build up some extra strengths/toning + I can build on this little routine in weeks to come. It consists of side plank—30 seconds on each side, 30 pleas holding a 10# dumbbell, cross over leg lifts—30 each leg, 10 push-ups (doing as many non-modified ones as possible), & 30 squats.
   
        
Also, this week, I would very much like to start jogging a bit more. I will limit myself to 3 times per week, and aim to hit 1 mile per jog, for now. I don’t like running much right now, but I’m hoping to change that.

           
Thursday this week my organics delivery service will be here. I also went grocery shopping last night and picked up a bunch of delicious healthy foods. I got a dry mix of beans to add to some soup, and a dry mix of brown, red, and wild rice with lentils. I also picked up some more coconut milk and almond milk. I tried almond milk for the first time this past weekend and it is delicious! It is the closest resemble to milk I think I’ve tasted so far. The consistency is just right and the almond taste is very subtle. So yet another goal this week is to eat better and resist over-eating and sweets.

          
With increasing my workouts I want to start stretching more often too, because I am typically a pretty flexible person already and I would like to keep it that way if not expand. You might ask how do I plan on fitting all these things in to my schedule, while going to school full time and working? Well I’m going to try my best to do it, I know I’ll be very busy but I do think it’s quite possible. I don’t even have to completely sacrifice my weekends I just have to manage them. In working-out more I will also, theoretically, be more tired at night and therefore sleep better.

           
So to recap my goals for this week:
            -do the simple work out minimum 4 of mornings
            -go for a jog at least 3 times this week (aim for 1 mile per jog)
            -eat healthier, more regularly, steer away from sweets
            -start stretching more
            -work-out 6 days this week, work up a sweat each time
           
    

No comments:

Post a Comment