Thursday, November 17, 2011

Summary of this Week So Far

    So far this week is going well for me. I haven’t been jogging because the weather has been absolutely nasty out and two of the three days at school so far I have gotten some solid sweaty workouts in. I have been doing my ‘simple morning routine’ every morning except this morning. This morning I slept in 15 minutes rather than saving that time for the workout. I’m not stressing it though. Yesterday we did not work out during school and I kind of had a lazy day at home. Wednesdays are the first day of the week that I don’t have homework or tests to study for and I like to relax. I did however stretch a bit with my new yoga blocks that I just got and practiced doing hand stands in my room. I found it is quite fun and I have the perfect wall to practice against. Once I get in the handstand I practice bringing my feet away from the wall and then back against without toppling over.


    Last night at the house where I nanny I made the kids red pepper and tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches and little pigs in a blanket with smoky wieners and Safeway brand doughy croissants (similar to Pillsbury, less fat). As I was rolling the ‘pigs’ into the ‘blankets’ I wanted to snag a little. A few times the dough would come apart and I’d almost eat it (I love raw dough) but then I just stuck it back into itself. I told myself at one point that I was going to make a few non-piggy ones just in case ‘for the kids’ but then I put my foot down, realizing it was just an excuse to allow myself to have just one or two. I made them all pigs in a blanket and I didn’t have one. I didn’t even try the dough. I also didn’t make myself a grilled cheese, which looked freaking delicious by the way (I don’t think I’ve made such perfect grilled sandwiches before), and I only tried the soup to see if it tasted good or needed anything added. It was super hard to resist all those things but I did! I went home and I roasted myself some mushrooms and carrots and had them over my brown, red, wild rice with lentil mix and it was also very good. Then I indulged in chocolate soy chai tea ☺
   

    Today my organic first organic delivery comes! Probably around 6pm I think. I am so excited!!! I checked the bin this week on their website –ORGANICS TO YOU—and it says it includes honey crisp apple, comise pears, star krimson pears, kiwis, yams, winter squash, onions, kale, carrots, celery, radishes, green peppers, and russet potatoes. I am especially excited about the winter squash! I have been craving squash so much lately. Roasted squash in particular. Of course this bin is subject to change, I’ll keep ya’ll posted on what actually arrives.


    A fellow student and I are partnered up and doing a little project on ‘balance’.  I need to research more exercises so we can put together a warm-up & workout and then go through it this afternoon in the practical part of class. I will also try to remember to post about the things I learn with that. I already know that balance is  a lot more important to peoples lives than they realize and it is something everyone should practice.


One last thing: I finally snapped a cute picture of these lovely kitties together!

  Stir Fry &  Tardo
They literally follow each other every where! They go to the bathroom and to get food together. Stir Fry is always sleeping on top of the bed and Tardo is usually under it, if not snuggled up next to Stir Fry. Just too cute to handle some days!

No comments:

Post a Comment